It’s exactly what it sounds like, a traditional ladder system providing “more” exciting play for all our players. We’re eager to get players competing starting March 12th.
Cost: No cost to be in the ladder. Matches can be played anywhere. Court fees apply to wherever you play.
How it works:
- Spring season: March 12-May 31, 2018; Summer season TBA
- Men's 3.5-4.0 level
- The initial rankings of the players on the ladder will be set up by the administrator. If you don’t like where you start…prove ‘em wrong.
- You can challenge players up to, and including, 3 places above you.
- The challenger is responsible for contacting the opponent.
- New players can join the ladder at any time. They can challenge anyone on the ladder outside the top 5 as their first challenge. Please choose wisely as this is a great opportunity and if you’re unsuccessful you will start at the bottom of the ladder.
- Once challenged for the match, a player must agree to play the match within one week after the challenge has been made, unless illness or vacation impacts things. If unable to play, the challenged player will default the match.
- The winner is responsible to record the result by stopping by the Front Desk, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Players agree mutually about when and what time they compete. If any of the players are late by more than 20 minutes for the match, the attendee will be recorded as a winner of the match. We would love you to play the match at KB, but it can essentially be played at any location.
- The match will be played best of 3 sets, the deciding set will be a 10-point tie-break.
- If the winner of the match is the lower ranked player, he or she will take the position of the higher ranked player on the ladder and the rest of the ladder below the player will move one position down.
Ladder (Updated 5/18/18):
- Fernando Lopez
- Aron Judkiewicz
- Ryan Rowten
- Dan Perreira
- Trey Ourth
- John Wise
- Ash Bullard
- Elden Emmons
- Quang-Minh Nguyen
- James Rainey
- Terry Morgan
- Mike Wilson
- Matt Baldwin
- David Gibbon
- Brad Jerome
- Alfredo Mantilla
- Greg Morrison
- March 15: Perreira def. Emmons 6-4, 7-5
- March 15: Lopez def. Morgan 6-4, ret.
- March 22: Bullard def. Emmons 7-5, 6-2
- March 30: Lopez def Bullard 6-0, 6-1
- March 31: Judkiewicz def. Perreira 7-5, 1-6, 10-5
- April 5: Wisson def. Gibbon 6-1, 6-1
- April 10: Nguyen def. Gibbon 6-0, 6-0
- April 11: Nguyen def. Rainey 6-2, 6-2
- April 14: Rowten def. Rainey 6-3, 4-6, 10-6
- April 22: Rowten def. Bullard 6-4, 6-2
- May 3: Ourth def. Rainey default
- May 4: Ourth def. Emmons 6-2, 6-1
- May 7: Lopez def. Judkiewicz 6-1, 6-1
- May 11: Ourth def. Wise 6-1, 6-0
- May 13: Lopez def. Ourth 6-0, 6-4
- May 17: Rowten def. Perreira 6-0, 6-0